Supporting you during times of stress, anxiety, tension and trauma
What is Reiki?
The 'relaxation response' that occurs in holistic reflexology or a reiki treatment facilitates our own healing.
Our biological systems always strive for 'homeostasis'; the complex inter-relationship between the body functions that keep us internally balanced and healthy. Reiki complements and supports this.
Please note: My clients are always advised to consult their GP to ensure any symptoms are not linked to an underlying medical condition.
Terms and Conditions:- please read and agree before booking
Reiki, Reflexology and Havening Techniques are hands-on holistic health treatments to encourage relaxation, healing and release of unwanted trauma or thoughts. Please note, I will not recommend that you alter any treatment under your GP. These treatments are complementary to orthodox medicine.
Reiki and Reflexology are practised while the client is fully clothed, or minus socks only, on a massage table. Havening is practised fully clothed and seated. All treatments involve touch unless discussed otherwise.
If at any time you feel discomfort, you understand that you may ask for the session to be stopped rather than continue.
Sessions are most effective in relative quiet, but of course, sometimes it is necessary to voice what you are feeling, in order to feel at ease.
Terms and Conditions
When you book a Reiki or Reflexology session with the Healing Company you agree to the following statements with regard to services offered and give permission to Janie Whittemore of The Healing Company to perform such services as outlined above.
You also declare that you have disclosed any information (health or otherwise) that may alter the effectiveness of services offered.
Once booking online or with us directly, please be aware you enter into these terms and conditions.
You understand and agree that:-
• PAYMENT - is required in advance preferably by online banking or at time of services offered
• CANCELLATIONS - Please note that we have a 48 hour cancellation policy to protect our appointment schedule. This means if you cancel with less than 48 hours to go for your treatment we have the right to retain full payment and you will not receive a refund.
•NO-SHOWS - Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their session will be considered a “no-show.” You may be charged, in full, for this missed session. This amount must be paid prior to your next session and you may be required to pre-pay additional sessions.
•LATE ARRIVALS - If you arrive late, your session may be shortened. Depending upon how late you arrive, there may not be enough time remaining to receive a full session. Regardless of the actual length of time of your session, you will be responsible for paying the full amount of the time frame you scheduled.
• You can request to stop the session at any time during a session, although this may not entitle you to a refund
• Treatments may or may not address any particular issue that you request help with
• If you feel discomfort or have a problem during the session, it is your responsibility to voice your concerns at the time
• Your booked sessions may occasionally need to be cancelled or changed by Janie Whittemore due to the availability of treatment space, appointments and unforeseen circumstances
Disclaimer: Please note that Reiki, Reflexology and Havening are not intended to diagnose, cure, or prevent disease and are not a substitute for medical care. Please consult an appropriate health care practitioner about any medical concerns that you have.
Janie Whittemore M.A.R. is a fully qualified and insured reflexology and reiki therapist in Cheltenham and Gloucester.